Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tough Year...

Our little family has gone through some interesting turns and twists(and a few back this fricken bus right back up and give us a do-overs). We've seen harrowing, pull your hair out times, Delightful, smile until your face hurts times. When we said our wedding vows, we had already made those vows and tested them. We know we can handle anything life throws at us, we're tough, we can take it. With God leading the way and love in our hearts, we'll get through anything...maybe...



Up until yesterday, I proudly would proclaim, I have a Senior, 2 Juniors and a Freshman! to anybody who asked how old my kids are. All 4 kids in the same school again! Hurray!

Until yesterday (dunt, dunt, dunnnn) yesterday we had Cats Senior pictures taken. Woo Hoo! hair styling, cute outfits, picking backdrops, sassy poses! So much girly fun! And we did have fun, Lisa and I took turns being with her in the studio (they only let one parent back and I LOVE the look on people's face's when they ask "Which one is mom?" and Lisa says "We both are"). Lisa went first. I didn't see The Picture happen. At the end, when we were reviewing the raw pictures, I was suddenly blind sided by it...The Yearbook Drape Shot...(sob) . I am now in amazement that Senior year is actually here, a pitiful kind of sobby OMFG MAH BABY amazement, somehow its realer now to me.



I'm naturally a teary eyed sort, so I anticipated moments of poignancy to strike unexpectedly. Seriously here people! I cried at the yearbook portrait of my darling girl, what in the world am I (and subsequently JJ) in for? First day of her last year in high school! (sob), Volleyball games!(sob) basket ball games! (sob) Senior nights (double sob with a side of honking nose blows).



Its gonna be a soggy year (Might I suggest you invest in tissues? I like the ones with lotion)

1 comment:

  1. You aren't the only one needing tissues :) Mom-Mom got weepy when Cat stopped over and told me about the pictures. This is going to be some year for our little girl. Now you know how I feel when I look at you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete